Single-user edition. A STREAM database configured with PCI DSS v2.0 content for use with the free single-user version of Acuity's GRC software solution, STREAM Integrated Risk Manager (Version 2.0)
STREAMSU.LIC could not be found message
I have downloaded and installed the STREAMSU product.
The installation appeared to complete normally, and I now have the STREAMSU icon on my desktop.
However, when I launch STREAM, I receive the following error:
If the STREAMSU installation completed OK, then this proves that you had the required permissions for STREAM installation.
The above message indicates that the installation of the STREAM Licensing component was unsuccessful. This can be due to many factors, such as conflicts with other security products, and security hardened operating systems.
It is NOT necessary to re-install the entire product. Please follow this procedure, which aims to create a license folder in a different location on the user's machine.
Essentially, one of the steps during installation is that the set of files within the folder crypkeyfiles – common (see installer filset) is copied into a folder (the 'licensing folder') on your PC, i.e. these files:
The location of the 'licensing folder' varies with operating system. When installing on 64 bit Windows 7 for example, the licensing folder is c:\ProgramData\Acuity STREAMSU\CrypKey. This will be the folder which is shown in the original error message.
When you launch STREAM, it checks the value of Environment Variable STREAMSULIC, which refers to the STREAMSU.LIC file in this folder.
Please follow these steps to install the license in an alternative folder and then 're-point' the environment variable.
1. Create a folder C:\STREAM License
2. Copy all of the files from installer folder crypkeyfiles – common into new folder C:\STREAM License
3. Navigate to the new folder, and launch (double-click) the file SETUPEX.EXE
4. Find your My Computer icon (usually located on the Windows Desktop, or on the START menu)
5. Right-click on My Computer
6. Select Properties - Advanced Properties - Environment Variables
7. Find the STREAMSULIC System variable
8. Edit the value of this variable, and change it to C:\STREAM License\STREAM.LIC
9. Save the changes
10. Reboot your PC.
11. Try launching STREAMSU again from the Desktop icon.
You should now enter the Licensing Dialog, from which you can obtan your Site Code, as detailed in the STREAM Installation Manual.